PanaTimes

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2021
TV

A la fecha, Panamá contabiliza 165,806 casos de COVID-19 y 3,079 decesos a causa del virus

Sucre will soon announce, if restrictive measures will be taken in some sectors due to COVID-19

During the last couple of days, Panama has reported more than a thousand cases of coronavirus daily. The metropolitan director of Health, Israel Cedeño, said on Tuesday that the Minister of Health, Luis Francisco Sucre, will soon announce whether or not measures will be taken in some sectors of the country to mitigate the spread of the virus.

He said that all the alternatives are on the table, from extending the curfew to more severe restriction measures.

The minister talks with his regionals, everything is reviewed with us, his advisers and the president. The slogan has always been economic reopening with a sanitary order, not one without the other, Cedeño said.

He added that the intention of the Ministry of Health is not to bankrupt companies or generate poverty, it is to take care of the population, but with the support and work of the citizens.

There must be a balance between the work of the people and the State. Previously we have had more people in ICU with even fewer cases, but the more cases increase, the riskier it is, he warned.

READ ALSO: New curfew and dry law decreed for Panama Oeste

READ ALSO: Government will cancel payment of the solidarity bond to those who fail to comply with sanitary measures in Panama

Newsletter

Related Articles

PanaTimes
×