PanaTimes

Monday, Mar 01, 2021
TV

Reapertura del tercer bloque en Los Santos estaría condicionada a la colocación de un puesto de control

Reopening of the third block in Los Santos would be conditioned to installing a checkpoint

Los Santos Health authorities announced that the reopening of the third block of economic activities, gradually, would be conditional on the placement of the checkpoint at the entrance of the province.
Although the objective is to reactivate the economy, health comes first, warned Ayvar Hernández, regional director of Health when concluding a virtual meeting with the ministries of Health, Luis Francisco Sucre; Commerce and Industries, Ramón Martínez; and Work, Doris Zapata, on the possible reopening of activities in the face of the coronavirus situation in the region.

Hernández explained that the possibility of opening the third block in a fractional manner was being analyzed, which would include the construction, restaurants and that depending on the results obtained, it may be expanded to cover other fields.

However, he announced that the Executive has been asked to place the checkpoint at the entrance of the province and depending on this, they will gradually go with the reopening of the different activities.

The authorities reiterate that the checkpoint is essential, because with the reopening of activities there can be a greater influx of people in the province of Sante and with it the spread of the virus.

Weeks ago, the checkpoint had been installed at the entrance to the province, but it was removed because the Minsa had not issued the resolution that would legalize it.

That is why at these meetings the local authorities are requesting the installation of the sanitary checkpoint.

Hernández said that for this Sunday he is coordinating for a new meeting, since due to the circumstances of the weather the authorities could not today reach the city of Las Tablas where the meeting was scheduled.

They would come tomorrow to a meeting with the mayors of the province of Los Santos, he said.

The regional health director of Los Santos said that this province has very few cases of Covid-19 since to date they have only nine active cases.

We have done an identification of the positive patients and their contacts and we have also done the traceability part to keep all these patients in isolation, said Hernández.

He insisted that this is the only way to control the spread of the virus.

Meanwhile, the Governor of Los Santos, Rubén Dario Villarreal, reiterated that the reopening of the third block would be conditioned by the checkpoint at the entrance and exit of the bridge over the La Villa river.

He said that they hope that by tomorrow a document can be agreed, that it will be ready by Monday and that this checkpoint will be endorsed.
Newsletter

Related Articles

PanaTimes
×