Nine private hospitals join the PanavaC strategy, as vaccination points against COVID-19 in Panama , as reported by Luis Francisco Sucre, Minister of Health (Minsa).
Elisa de Lewis, president of the Association of Private Hospitals of Panama explained that the seven (7) hospitals enabled as of Monday, August 9, are the following:
- Hospital Brisas will be attending from Monday to Saturday (individual attention at the facilities)
- Hospital Paitilla will carry out the vaccination process in the old Megapolis Multicentro from Monday to Friday (individual attention)
- The Panama Clinic at Pacific Center 4th floor in the theater and cinema area from Monday to Friday (individual attention)
- Pacifica Salud that will be serving at the Multiplaza Mall from Monday to Saturday (individual attention)
- Hospital Santa Fe from Monday to Friday (individual attention)
- National Hospital will attend on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (individual attention)
- Hospital San Fernando Clinic from Monday to Friday in (individual attention)
Later, it will be announced when the private hospitals in the provinces of Colón and Chiriquí will be enabled
- Centro Médico del Caribe in Colón will attend from Monday to Friday (individual attention)
- Mae Lewis Medical Center in Chiriquí will attend from Monday to Friday (Mixed either by fast car or pedestrian).
"Initially we will have a total of 11,500 weekly vaccinations, the vaccination points will be duly marked so that people can have access with great ease, the vaccination process will begin on Monday in private hospitals in Panama City for now" , Elisa de Lewis, Private Hospital Association.
He added that the vaccination process against COVID-19 in the aforementioned private hospitals will be carried out only through scheduled appointments on the portal of the National Authority for Government Innovation (AIG), vacunas.panamasolidario.gob.pa , "according to the hours, days and number of doses that each hospital has indicated that it can administer."