Prevention warning issued for "typical rains of the season"
It is a warning due to the passage of Tropical Wave # 6 that will be reinforcing the accumulated rains for this Thursday.
The Directorate of Hydrometeorology of Etesa issued a warning of prevention until this Thursday, June 17, due to rains due to unstable weather conditions over the national territory, typical of the season.
It is a preventive warning due to the passage of Tropical Wave # 6 that will be reinforcing the accumulated rains for this Thursday.
For today, in the afternoon, an increase in cloud cover is expected in the Caribbean, presenting intermittent rains, with episodes of downpours accompanied by isolated moderate electrical activity over sectors of Colón, Northern Veraguas, and Bocas del Toro.
Likewise, scattered rains of less intensity are expected over the Guna Yala region.
While in the Pacific, rainy events with electrical activity are expected over the Gulf of Panama and the Darien mountain ranges, the South of Veraguas and Azuero, and over the Highlands in Chiriquí.
In that sense, the National Civil Protection System ( Sinaproc ) recommended:
- Avoid traveling through flooded areas
- Do not cross rivers and streams
- Securing window ceilings in residences
- On the street or in the field, stay away from walls and trees that may fall
- Review the weather warnings through official Sinaproc accounts
- Do not engage in outdoor activities