The reactivation of economic activities in the provinces of Panama and Panama Oeste, once the quarantine is over, will be gradual, according to the Minister of Health, Luis Sucre, on Friday.
If we open everything in one swoop, all this quarantine will be ruined, it will not do any good, said the Health Minister.
We have public health and epidemiology teams that are evaluating the situation. The intention is to see after the 14th, to reopen again gradually and gradually, hopefully it is not necessary (to extend the quarantine), if things remain as they go, and the figures begin to drop a little, Sucre
said this Friday.
Given the increase in COVID
-19 cases in the country, the Minsa
established a total quarantine, without working hours, from January 4 to 14 in the two provinces with the highest population and incidence of cases.
Only activities considered essential are operating, while people can only mobilize to purchase necessary products, on specific days and hours, according to gender and ID or passport number.
Regarding what would be the first activities to be reactivated, Sucre
limited himself to answering "we are going to wait for the team that is working on the plan to present it to us formally, so as not to advance anything", stating that this will be announced before January 14.
A total quarantine had already been implemented at the national level, and it was lifted in a phased manner, however many businesses did not survive and those that did continue to operate with the minimum number of workers and the rest of the personnel were on suspended contracts.
Starting in January, a gradual reactivation plan would begin, but given the new quarantine, this measure was postponed.