In addition to checking travel requirements, the IATA Travel Pass will include a record of tests and vaccination centers.
Starting next Wednesday, May 19, Panama will start using the application for digitizing COVID
tests, IATA Travel Pass .
It is a mobile tool that allows travelers to use a digital register for documentation checks upon arrival in the country. The passenger will only have to show the IATA Travel Pass, without any type of contact.
In addition to checking travel requirements, the application will also include a registry of tests and, eventually, vaccination centers, making it more convenient for passengers to find test centers and laboratories in their place of departure that comply with the testing standards and vaccination requirements of your destination.
The platform will also allow authorized laboratories and test centers to securely send test results or vaccination certificates to passengers.
IATA Travel Pass is currently only available for IOS devices, the launch of Android is expected at the end of May.
Panama is the first country in Latin America to use this application and it is the second route for Iberia, the first airline to launch this tool between Europe and Latin America.
The pilot plan in Panama will begin with the clients of flight IB6339 Madrid-Panama next Wednesday, May 19.
What must travelers do to use the IATA Travel Pass?
- Check that they meet the requirements and download the application.
- Create your account through biometrics, link your passport and select your next flight.
- Book an appointment to perform your COVID
-19 test at one of the currently collaborating laboratories or centers located in Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga or Seville and that the airline hopes to expand to other Spanish cities soon.
- Upon receipt of the test results, IATA will confirm that customers meet all sanitary documentary requirements at their destination.
- At the airport they will only have to show the IATA Travel Pass confirmation message "OK to travel", which will improve your travel experience.
- Customers will also have to provide the rest of the documentation (passport, ID, visa, etc.) to be able to travel.