Products in the Chinese language were detected, such as mouse glue, wicks, cockroach dust, ant dust and fly glue, Acodeco said.
The sale of toxic products for pest control that do not have the information in Spanish, was detected by the Authority for Consumer Protection and Defense of Competition ( Acodeco ) after an inspection carried out in several commercial premises.
"Products in Chinese language were detected, such as mouse glue, wicks, cockroach dust, ant
dust and fly glue," Acodeco said in a statement.
Against this, it warns that every pest control product must contain its information in Spanish, so that consumers are aware of what they are buying, in order to know its indications and product toxicity warnings, which may represent a danger to their health. ; and it highlights that non-compliance with this regulation is sanctioned, so they will continue to carry out operations to detect these products that do not comply with informing consumers.
"Law 45 of October 31, 2007, article 36, numeral 1, establishes the obligation of the supplier to inform him clearly and truthfully about the characteristics of the product, such as the nature, composition, content, weight, origin, the expiration date, toxicity, precautions, price and any other determining condition and that said information must necessarily appear on the label and in Spanish, when dealing with toxic products that require specific warnings or precautions that represent a danger to human health ”, he emphasizes.
It details that in total 91 commercial premises were inspected in five provinces: Coclé (41), Darién (17), Colón (16), Chiriquí (9) and Herrera (8).
On the other hand, it maintains several options available to consumers to make the necessary reports, such as: WhatsApp and Telegram at 6330-3333, the AcodecoPma social media accounts on Facebook
, Twitter, the website of this institution and Sindi that works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.